Minor in possession of alcohol

Minors in possession in college towns

I’m not sure, but my guess is that the most common arrest in a college town is for minors under the influence of alcohol or minors in possession of alcohol.

Should you get a lawyer for an MIP?

Potential clients and potential client’s parents often call and ask me this question. What’s the worst that can happen, a fine and some probation, right? Shouldn’t I just plea guilty and get it over with?

What happens when it’s tailgate season and you get caught with a beer, or you’re rushing a Greek organization and have a drink, or get caught boozing in your dorm room while your on probation?

Now you have violated probation and have to go back in front of the judge and face additional sanctions.

You can also be charged with a second minor in possession. If you are found guilty you can now face up to 30 days in jail and the fine can be doubled!

You should hire and attorney for your MIP

Maybe the alcohol test wasn’t administered properly, maybe the police stopping you wasn’t proper, and above all else an attorney can help insure that your rights are not violated.

Even if everything was don’t properly maybe your attorney can help keep the conviction of minor in possession off of your record so that future employers and schools don’t know about it!

For more on Michigan Misdemeanors Criminal Defense check out our website, or contact us today.

Aaron Boria - I am a motivated Michigan criminal defense lawyer located in Metro Detroit. Practicing law is my passion. Helping others is motivating and rewarding. Feel free to contact me anytime!

Comments are closed on this post.