Assault Lawyer – Michigan
Facing assault charges means that you are facing the possibility of jail. Don’t hire any lawyer when your liberty is on the line. You need an experienced and aggressive Michigan criminal defense attorney.
Criminal defense attorney, Aaron J. Boria, has represented hundreds of clients charged with crimes all over the state. Aaron has achieved Not Guilty verdicts, and dismissals for some of the most serious offenses.
Some of these wins criminal lawyer Boria has achieved include getting armed robbery dismissed, aggravated assault dismissed, and not guilty verdicts for charges like felonious assault, domestic violence, and assault and battery.
Call (734) 453-7806 today for a free consultation with consultation with Michigan criminal defense attorney, Aaron J. Boria.
Assault and Battery Charges
The prosecution must be able to prove:
- That you intended to assault or batter someone, meaning that you attempted to make someone think you were going to hit them or that you intended to hit them.
- That you had the ability to hit the person, meaning that you could carry out the threat of some kind of offensive touching.
- That you put the person in fear of being assaulted (for assault only)
- That you carried out the threat, meaning that you did make them think that an offensive touch was about to occur, or that you actually did touch them in an offensive manner.
The prosecutor must prove each of the elements mentioned above beyond a reasonable doubt; you do not have to prove a thing. If even one element cannot be met then you must be found not guilty.
Defenses to Assault and Battery
There are many defenses to the criminal charge of assault and battery. Some obvious defenses that criminal lawyer, Boria has successfully used in the past include the following:
- The complainant is lying – they made it up.
- The person being charged with assault was acting in self-defense
- The person being charged with assault was acting in the defense of another person, usually a friend or loved one.
- The person accused did not have the intent to commit a crime and the actions were accidental.
If you have been charged with assault and battery, or any crime for that matter then you need to contact criminal lawyer, Aaron J. Boria (734) 453-7806. We fight for our clients and we get results!