Back to top

Drinking and Driving and Entry into Canada

If you are charged with drinking and driving and are ultimately convicted you will have a very hard time crossing the Canadian boarder regardless if it is for work or for pleasure.

If you are facing drinking and driving charges call Michigan DUI lawyer, Aaron J. Boria (734) 453-7806. 

If you are convicted of a drinking and driving offense you will not be allowed into Canada for at least five years. 

Canadian Rehabilitation after DUI

After five years from the date probation is completed for your drinking and driving conviction you can apply for permanent rehabilitation through the Canadian Consulate in New York.

After 10 years you will automatically be deemed rehabilitated assuming you have no new convictions.

Crossing the Canadian Boarder after a DUI Conviction

It is possible to apply for a temporary residency permit to cross the Canadian boarder after a drinking and driving conviction. You must have a compelling reason to cross the boarder, Canadian bowling with your friends will not cut it, but a funeral probably would. There is a $200 filing fee and in some instances the fee may be waived.

If you are still on probation it is less likely that your permit will be granted. If you are still on court ordered probation it is possible that you could be allowed to travel but you would need a very compelling reason why you need to cross. A funeral, need for a doctor or are a pro NHL player you will likely be allowed in.

Michigan Drinking and Driving Lawyer

If you have been charged with drinking and driving in Michigan contact DUI lawyer, Aaron J. Boria. We have successfully handled case after case of drinking and driving obtaining reductions and even dismissals.

Even if the police had a legal reason to stop you, arrest you, and charged you with drinking and driving it is still highly likely that we can obtain a great result for you.

Call (734) 453-7806 today for a free consultation.