Back to top

Possession of Marijuana Canton – 35th District Court


Our client walked out of court today without a conviction on his record. He was charged with possession of marijuana after Canton Police stopped him and some friends and the marijuana was found in his vehicle along with a pipe. He was charged with possession of marijuana and his case was heard at the 35th District Court.

Our client made the right decision and hired 35th District Court possession of marijuana lawyer, Aaron J. Boria at (734) 453-7806.

Possession of Marijuana Canton

A possession of marijuana conviction is a serious misdemeanor that carries up to a year in the county jail, and fines and costs that can exceed well over a thousand dollars, and up to 2 years of probation.

A marijuana conviction will result in the loss of federally guaranteed loans, which includes student loans, something out college student client was very concerned with.

Additionally, a conviction for possession of marijuana will result in the loss of your driver license for 6 months.

Criminal convictions do not come off of a persons record after a period of time, so this would have remained on his record for the rest of his life.

35th District Court – Possession of Marijuana

Our client’s case was heard in front of Judge Gerou at the 35th District Court which has jurisdiction over Northville, Plymouth, and of course, Canton.

Possession of marijuana lawyer, Aaron J. Boria was able to negotiate with the prosecuting attorney and get the possession of marijuana charge dismissed.

The charge for having the pipe was a possession of paraphernalia, a lesser charge that does not carry the implications that a possession of marijuana charge would have. Regardless, we were able to have the file sealed so that neither the arrest nor conviction would ever show up on a public record. Our client would also be able to truthfully tell anyone that he had never been convicted of a crime.

Michigan possession of marijuana lawyer, Aaron J. Boria fights for his clients and gets results. Call (734) 453-7806 for a free consultation.